They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. You know there’s truth to it, and you and your friends can look back and laugh when you make the same choices and act surprised when you fail to get better results. Ladies, have you looked back in your past and realized that you somehow managed to date the same “loser” type guy that was no good for you, but you just didn’t get it until some one pointed out what your last three ex boyfriends all had in common?
Ok, so lets break the pattern with our money and do something different today. Let’s take one new step towards improving our financial life. Take action and do something that you have been putting off until things got better, or you came across some “extra cash”. What’s it going to be? Here are a few ideas to start the ball rolling…
– Start automatic deductions to invest in your retirement plan through work
– Increase the amount that you are already contributing to your retirement plan at work
– Call and schedule an appointment to meet with a financial advisor or planner to review your situation
– Set up an automatic savings plan and divert 5% of your pay to a savings account to build your rainy day fund
– Cut up your credit cards
– Write out your budget for the coming month
Pick one of the above, or one of your own – and just do it! Take action towards building your financial fortress. Tomorrow can only get better if you stop and make improved choices and take action today.